Pathways to Bollywood Smile with Aligners: Dos and Don’ts
Dr Kathiravan Purmal
- Orthodontist in private practice for more than 20 years
- Consultant Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon in Columbia Asia Hospital
- President of Malaysian Orthodontic Practitioners Association which is affiliated to Malaysian Dental Association
- Honorary Publication Secretary for Malaysian Dental Association
- Have published more than 40 scientific papers in international journals
- Have co- authored 4 academic books
- Membership in Orthodontics from Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh
- Fellowship from Royal College of Surgeons and Physicians Glasgow
- Fellowship from Royal College of Surgeons Australasia
Clear aligners have taken the orthodontic scene by a storm. Sceptics still hurl abuses on the efficacy of clear aligner treatment. This lecture will dissect what’s facts and what is fiction with evidence-based cases. Only a practicing dentist will be able to differentiate what is the claim form the company what can be clinically achieved. Although it is not a panacea for all cases, clear aligner has certainly deserved a place in orthodontics.
Learning objectives :
- Understanding the bio mechanics of clear aligner and limitation of clear aligner
- Planning a case with clear aligner
- Apply sound clinical strategy to improve the current standards in aligner therapy.