Digital Occlusion made easy!!!
Mahmoud Ezzat Ghazi
- BDS, MGDS RCSEd, FICOI, FLD
- Board Member Digital Dentistry Society
- President of Digital Dentistry Society (Arab Union)
- Certified DSD Instructor
- CEO and Founder of IAERD
- Dental Consultant
- Membership of General Dental Surgery (Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh)
- Fellowship in Laser Dentistry (University of Genova-Italy)
- Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Assistant MRD course director (Future University in Egypt)
This lecture describes a digital workflow that aids in transforming complicated occlusion cases into simple restorative cases, by replacing sophisticated analogue equipment with a predictable digital workflow.
The full digital workflow starts with a facial dynamic treatment plan, which is obtained through several diagnostic techniques using digital smile design, then deprogramming of the bite, which is performed by digitally designed and fabricated appliances, followed by registering the new vertical occlusal dimension and centric relation using intraoral scanners, then re-establishing both form and function, through the use of provisional restorations, and finally copying this to the final restorations using CAD/CAM technology.
The aim is to reach a predictable workflow with repeatable results, that can be easily used on a day-to-day basis with all full mouth rehabilitation cases, using advanced digital equipment.
- How to become a better Smile Designer, because Smile Design is the primary principle of any modern treatment plan
- How to assess, diagnose and treatment plan full mouth rehab cases using digital technology.
- How and when to increase vertical dimension.
- How to implement a realistic team communication protocol, because communication is the key to genuine functional interdisciplinary dentistry.
- How to interact with your patients to enhance the value of their treatment and increase case acceptance through the new concept of Emotional Dentistry.
- How to link the beautiful Smile Design process to the actual treatment using a simple and effective Digital Workflow that will connect the 2D drawings of DSD to the intraoral scan and CBCT using 3D software systems such as CAD/CAM, and 3D printing.