Reports to: Education and Public Health Director
Location Geneva, Switzerland
Position type Full time
Contract type Permanent
Start date ASAP
FDI World Dental Federation is a Swiss-based not-for-profit organization. It serves as the principal representative body for over one million dentists worldwide. Founded in Paris, France, in 1900 it is one of the oldest organization’s in the field of dentistry. Its membership includes some 200 National Dental Associations and specialist groups in over 130 countries. FDI is the global voice of the dental profession and works with its member organizations to improve the oral health of people worldwide. It is in official relations with the World Health Organization and works closely with other UN agencies. FDI’s vision: ‘leading the world to optimal oral health’. www.fdiworlddental.org; www.facebook.com/FDIWorldDentalFederation; twitter.com/fdiworlddental.
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager, preferentially with an experience of working in the field of oral health/health, and the non-profit sector. You will have to demonstrate your ability to work in a multicultural environment. You need to be able to adapt, to have excellent interpersonal skills. You will work closely with the committees and experts of the Federation to produce high quality scientific and educational content and public health programmes.
The successful candidate will have strong knowledge and experience of project management, monitoring, evaluation, budgeting and reporting, ideally with an application healthcare and public health projects.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Ensure the delivery of key FDI project(s) according to requirements, budget and timeline
- Work with expert groups to plan and coordinate the development of resources to support oral health promotion and dental practice, such as patient education materials, practical guides for oral health professionals and research summaries
- Liaise with project experts, partners and other FDI departments to ensure the delivery of quality project outputs, including coordinating review and editing processes and working with design and communication agencies
- Ensure the promotion and dissemination of project outputs to relevant stakeholders, in collaboration with the FDI communications team, project experts and partners
- Support one the FDI Standing Committee and/or other task teams or group of experts
- Support the Education and Public Health Director in other tasks as required
- A good understanding of the healthcare and non-profit sector
- At least three years of experience in project management
- Strong analytical skills, meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to meet conflicting deadlines under pressure
- Excellent oral and written English communications skills (fluency in other language(s) an asset)
- Excellent team worker with a positive, solution-focused approach to work
- Proficiency of Microsoft office
- Willingness to travel
- Swiss resident or valid permit to work in Switzerland
Desired skills and competences
- Strong interest in oral health, public health issues as well as education
- Proven ability to work effectively in a multicultural setting
- Strong problem solving and multitasking skills
Application: interested and qualified candidates should send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, addressed to Sean Taylor, Director of Education and Public Health, by 17 June 2022.
Please note only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.